Alaska Rural Credit Services
Rural Credit Services Rural Credit Services Rural Credit Services
debt services
Home Page
Why Use RCS
Contact Us
Experience Local Advantage
Experience Local Advantage
Rural Alaska Credit ServiceFAQ

What do you charge?

We charge a flat 35% contingency fee on accounts less than 360 days old and 50% on accounts over 360 days. Separate fees are assessed for accounts that require legal action.

Are there any upfront fees or sign-up charges?

NO. We work on a contingency fee basis only. We only get paid if we collect on your accounts.

Do I have to sign a contract?

We have our clients sign a basic Agreement that is tailored for each client. Some areas the agreement covers are: rates, how far we take the collection process, distribution of recovered funds, and whether you will accept settlements.

Do you require a certain number of accounts to be placed?

We have no requirement on the number of accounts placed.

Is there a minimum on the dollar amount placed for collection?

No, we do not require a minimum placement amount.

How do we place accounts for collection?

The most efficient way is to complete our online Account Placement Form. The completed form can be e-mailed to , faxed to 866-908-0993 or mailed to: Rural Credit Services, P.O. Box 1303, Nome, AK 99762. Upon receipt of the completed form, we will contact you to inform you we have received it and follow-up with any additional details we may need.

How do we stay informed with how you are handling our accounts?

We will send you monthly statements that can be as specific as showing you all your accounts or just monthly totals. In addition, these statements will include a check with your portion of the recovered payments. If you took any direct payments, a bill will also be included with your monthly statement. OF COURSE, you can always call or e-mail us at 907-304-1143 and .

Do you sue accounts?

Our main goal is to collect accounts voluntarily. However, there are situations where a voluntary payment arrangement cannot be made. In those situations, we will only consider legal action if it has been agreed upon in our contract with you or we have received direct permission from you to take the account to the next step.

Do you report to the Credit Bureaus?

If you wish, we can report your accounts to the three national credit bureaus: Equifax, Experien and Trans Union.

Do you accept settlements?

RCS will only accept a settlement if it has been laid out in our original contract with you. If this has not been done, then we will only accept a settlement after receiving your permission. When a settlement offer is made we place the account on hold and take the information to you to discuss the available options. If you wish to accept a settlement at that point, we will make the arrangements.

What should we do if someone pays us instead of RCS?

Deciding to accept direct payments varies by client. Some clients prefer not to be involved in the collection process once an account is turned over to us, and others opt to accept payments. It is up to you and we make it easy no matter which way you choose.

Do you belong to any industry associations?

Yes. We belong to:
Collection Associations & Memberships
• American Collectors Association (ACA)
• Member of famous author Michelle Dunn’s “Credit and Collections” group.
• Western Collectors Conference (WCC)
Misc. Associations & Memberships
• Aircraft Owners and Pilots Association (AOPA
• Cessna Pilots Association (CPA)

Questions not covered here?

Experience Local Advantage credit services
debt recovery
Copyright © Rural Credit Services | Nome, AK | All rights reserved • Site by Sundog Media & Alaska Interactive